Hounds eat anything

30-6

Years ago, in the good old days when fox hunting with hounds was legal, i knew a bloke who used to always, every year, adopt two hounds for the local hunt and then give them back after the annual puppy show, then they would be used the following season. This bloke also had terriers, and they all fed together.

His friend worked as a porter in a nursing home and had access to all the left over food which he used to bring up for the dogs. I would not have beleived it unless i saw it myself, the dogs ate everything, curry - tomatoes - blamangue - jelly, anything that came out of that bucket disappeared.

I might add they did have "proper" food as well in the shape of sacks of dried dog food. They were all kennelled outside and as fit as a fiddle.

Another story to tell, and old timer from the local workingmans club keeps his eyes out for any parties, buffets going on, at the end of the night he gets who ever is cleaning up to just grab the tableclothes by the corners, stick them all in a black bag, which he says he empties out to his ducks and chickens. When he goes back the next day he reckons all that is left is paper plates and cocktail sticks.

Hello mate, I`m not having a go but why are you so surprised???

The local huntsman used to get ( probably still does) cow bellies straight from the sluaghter house

he would slash them open and then let the hounds in, don`t think there was anthing left afer a few mins.

The practise of puppy walking still goes on, it`s a great way of socalising pups, supporters summer them and take them back on puupy show day.

Edited by malantone