Cocker with cold game

adam f

Shot this photo last week, whilst out doing a spot of cold game training with my young cocker, Meg.

It took a while to get a decent shot and whilst it's not perfect I was quite pleased with it. Put the Canon on continuous shooting and wound the film speed right up.

206098_10150912135193918_948523040_n.jpg

Great pedigree there mate :good: .Looks like you've got a good one in the making. :good: The little cockers have really come on in the last 20 years or so they used to be pretty awful.It was the likes of Cyril (Wernffrwd) Kieth (Gwibernant)Peter (Maesydderwen) (Chyknell)( Parkbrek)+ others, and later year the Openshaws who have bred these great dogs of today. :good:

She's now 8 months. She's my first so I've been a bit keen, but luckily she has moved at my pace. Basic training is done. She's now moving onto gun shot, rabbit pen and cold game.

I've done it all myself so far but have just started having monthly lessons with a local cocker trainer to get her polished to that final stage. When I bought her I just wanted a nice pet and shooting dog, but I'm loving it so much, working tests and trails are defiantly on the cards!