DSC1 Question

Bang 666

I need to do my dcs1, but I suffer from bad dyslexia, is there a centre that caters for this or something I can apply for, my problems are handwriting and spelling as there is a written exam I am worried I will fail due to this, I have know problem verbally just pen to paper .

Thanks for any help

I need to do my dcs1, but I suffer from bad dyslexia, is there a centre that caters for this or something I can apply for, my problems are handwriting and spelling as there is a written exam I am worried I will fail due to this, I have know problem verbally just pen to paper .

Thanks for any help

Shouldn't be a problem if you tell them first.

It was a few years ago now but I'm sure there was a guy on my course who had special considerations for bad dyslexia, that was at Donnington :good:

Edited by fo5ter

I Have just done mine and although I'm not dyslexic, if your only bad at spelling and writing then I wouldn't worry, the main papers are multiple choice and the ID test isn't bad as they can work out what your trying to describe anyway, a guy on the course I did last week was dyslexic and he passed.

I did it with Dave Stretton at Donington Deers Management if that helps.

Cheers

Ando

I did mine with David at Donington, cannot recommend them enough. He has a real way with teaching... you just seem to remember loads by the way he goes through it.

In terms of writing, there is no real essay type stuff (unless you want to make notes). The tests are all multiple choice so can't see it being a real issue...

Good luck and let us know how you get on...

Thanks for any help

I dont think as regards spelling it matters, i cannot retain numbers in my head and got one season date wrong ( i didn't shoot reds ) other than if you have poor ID skills it would be very hard to fail due to the condition unless it effects your reading badly. I recomend the BDS as they are interested in more than thier pass rate, in fairness its an easy qual and is not meant to weed out a certain given percentage like many exams- its just a first step on the ladder. Most re-sits are on the shooting

train right and you get a high pass rate don't you simples, so rather a having a dig at organisations who so far this year have a high pass rate perhaps think why. Having seen them work to get people up to the desired standard I can safely say at times they really earn their money.

train right and you get a high pass rate don't you simples, so rather a having a dig at organisations who so far this year have a high pass rate perhaps think why. Having seen them work to get people up to the desired standard I can safely say at times they really earn their money.

I aint having a dig at any org- were did i say XYZ were bad? go away and have an argument with yourself if your looking. :rolleyes: DSC should be about more than a pass rate, its a learning experiance :good:

so the comment about just looking at pass rate was no dig come on pull the other one it has bells on :rolleyes:

A dig at who exactly? But no it wasn't you have a negative state of mind! DSC 1 is meant to be an introduction to deerstalking, its not meant to be difficult and is only a 1st building block.