2 Cubs to New caller

Dougy

I posted a few days ago about trying out an "ipod" player instead of the "Foxpro" for a caller and see what the results were like, The cost was substantialy less at £30 for the player download some "tunes" onto the ipod, i found some cool tunes from "varmint'alls pop chart post-2987-0-47842100-1344759963_thumb.jpg

As you can see it worked OK :good: I put it on an old gate post switched it on selected repeat volume up then walked back to our place of ambush seats up cans opened and waited.We had been waiting a while but i forgot to mention i checked zero as we got there so possibly put things back a while :hmm:

It was getting just about too dark to see clearly through the scope or bins,you know the time when you start to be unsure if its a Fox or a "Dock" is it moving :blink: ,I was sure i saw something moving under a large Oak or was it my mind making things up, I got my lamper to do his stuff,I was right, i watched the Fox through the scope he wasnt bothered with the extra bit of light we were giving him, thiether was he intent on stopping,he was on a mission to have a good chew on my £30 "ipod" player. Well not if i had anything to do with it, he hesitated for a second,if that, was it long enough to be acccurate though :shoot: of course :good: We sat for a few minutes, there are more around i told my mate, 20minutes or so he spots another,coming allong the same line, this one a little more hesitant head down slow steps, just a little too slow for its own good :shoot: that's just one more to go out of that group. Quite happy with the results :good:

All done and in the pub for 10.30. cant fault the night really

Edited by Dougy