FAIRBAIRN AND SYKES FIGHTING DAGGER

CaptC

I WAS GIVEN THIS KNIFE BY A POLISH MAN WHO FOUGHT WITH THE BRITISH IN WW2. SO ITS IS NOT A REPRODUCTION (I HOPE!) ABOUT 30 YEARS AGO.

THE BLADE IS SHARP AND I CAN SEE WHY THEY WERE SO POPULAR WITH SPECIAL FORCES.

THE TWO FLAPS ON THE SCABBARD ARE FOR SEWING IT INTO A COAT OR ON TO YOUR TROUSERS SO IT DID NOT "FLAP ABOUT" AND WAKE UP JERRY.

LOOKING FOR £70 POSTED

THANKS FOR LOOKING AND IF ANYONE WANTS TO BUY IT PLEASE STATE THAT YOU ARE OVER 18.

PS. THE BANK IN THE PHOTO IS NOT MINE - IT CAME WITH MY SACS NEWS LETTER - IMPRESSIVE THOUGH?

post-25232-0-52371600-1344852712_thumb.jpg

I don't think you need to worry about it being reprouction -looks like a genuine mark 3 Fairbairn Sykes to me. Wilkinson Sword made these up until about 6 years ago but modern Wilkinsons have been "prettied " up for display/presentastion .

Unfortunately Wilkinsons sold the tooling for producing them (along with the tooling for producing all the swords for the british armed forces) to a company in Solingen so a tool that weas designed for silently killing Krauts is now being made by them :oops:

I'm interested, having a think about it though so please don't consider it sold yet.

I'm into knife making too though and have been searching for dimensions for this knife for a while on and off. Would you be so good as to do some measuring for me please? (may well still buy despite that)