Matte Shotgun Spray.

Deiseboy

I have a Mossberg Maverick that the finish was gone very bad on. I sanded it down to bare metal and resprayed all the metal work using Holtz matte black spray. The finish looked good but it didn't stand up to wear and tear and i could scratch off the paint with a light rub of my nail.

The process of re-doing the gun is cheap enough and the work doesn't bother me so I want to try it again with hopefully a better lasting finish.

The gun is a tool so it doesnt have to be perfection but i expected something to last a little longer than it did.

Can anyone recommend a matte spray that wont rub off so easy, and should I use a primer of some sort first and something clear to protect the finish?

Send a pm to Richardh on here, you will be surprised how much he charges for a re-blue. Done one of mine

Im in the ROI so a bit far, Durocoat was another option thtats cheap if i decide that way but as the gun doesn't have any value I went for spraying. Enjoy doing it myself too.

primer is a must iv airbrushed afew of my guns and stocks naw

prepare the surface sand and clean (tac wipes)

prime

paint

paint

when dojng paterns i also laqure them aswell leaves aver hard surface

Thanks any particular brands for each you would recommend?

I'm going to do it all matte black and give the stock and fore end a good going over with degreaser suited for plastic to bring it back to life a bit

not sure about spray paints as i get mine from work witch normal is two pack but if i was going to try it i would tend to use a standard car paint after the first primer and paint give it a quick key with 1000 grit wet and dry so the paint can grip. have aquick look on youtube if your paints coming off its 9/10 the prep of the surface