PW Member shows the how it's done!

Frenchieboy

We had another of our club clay shoots which PigeonWatch member "Caeser" (Steve) came along to. The weather stayed favourable for the morning (Very rare around here) and about 2 dozen shooters turned up. We were doing a 25 bidr DTL shoot, something that Caeser had not done before. After a load of the usual banter while setting up the traps and cages the shoot started with a few "misleading" birds being put up in front of us. Some of the birds were in fact slower than they looked and fooled a few shooters into giving them too much lead and shooting in front of them yet trap 2 was the opposite putting the birds out extremely fast and making for some quite trying birds.

I will not bore you with all of the results, all I will say is that I made around 4th place overall with a total of 15 out of 25 birds with Caeser showing all of us exactly how to do it by winning the shoot with 17 out of 25 birds.

Just to rub insult in to injury we had a bit of a "doubles speed shoot" afterwards with me and Caeser teaming up and winning that outright! On the speed shoot two shooters pair up in the cages and when they are both ready the first of the pair will call "pull". As soon as "Pull" is called the button on the trap is presses and held down giving us ten birds one after the other in quite rapid succession. The idea is for the first gun to shoot the first two then the second gun shoots the next two while the first gun reloads as quickly as possible ready for him to shoot the fifth and sixth birds while the second gun reloads. This gives ten birds in rapid succession and many birds are missed if you can not reload your gun quickly enough. (They would not let me cheat by loading my Section 1 shotgun with a full load of five shots)

Anyway, a great morning was had by all and congratulations to Steve (Caeser) for shooting so well considering he had not shot clays for ages. I have to say that I am getting a lot of stick now and being accused of bringing in a "ringer"! - Oh well, I surpose that is what you have to expect when you get PigeonWatch members showin g others how to shoot!

Here we have a photo of "Caeser" receiving his winners certificate.

post-17172-0-71550300-1345988994_thumb.jpg

Thanks Guys. Yes, it really was a very enjoyable morning and a great time was had by all. I do have to tell anyone that comes to any of our clay shoots not to bother unless they can handle an awful lot of banter, and there was certainly plenty of that going around today.

i have introduced a few PW members to our clay shoots (All of which have shot extremely well I might add) so I am thinking of trying to set up a bit of a clay shoot with a team from Chadderton Rifle and pistol Club shooting against a team from PigeonWatch!

Let's see what the future holds in that respect!

Edit: Just to add that it was a pleasure to meet Caeser, He's good company and a great chap to have a laugh and a joke with -and a bl**dy goot shot too.

Also, thanks for delivering the Smith and Wesson lighter Steve!

Edited by Frenchieboy

Glad to hear you had a good day Pete. Shame I couldn't make it. It would seem( somewhat suspiciously may I add :lol:) that since you bought your own trap you have come on leaps and bounds with your clay shooting. You sure your not taking the odd lesson hear and there?

Nice pics as well :good:

Glad to hear you had a good day Pete. Shame I couldn't make it. It would seem( somewhat suspiciously may I add :lol:) that since you bought your own trap you have come on leaps and bounds with your clay shooting. You sure your not taking the odd lesson hear and there?

Nice pics as well :good:

I can not tell a lie Nik, I have been pracitcing a little and now I think I have finally found "the winning formula" - I have at last learned that if i point the gun in the right direction I have a slightly better chance of hitting the odd clay or two! :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: