advice needed

dave83

can anyone give me advice or tell me where i stand. on the permission i shoot (my nans 25 acre wood next to a farmers 75 acre field) a footpath runs through the wood and along one side of the field. on three occassions i have caught a man and his dogs cutting through my nans wood to get to the footpath from his house,this is a good 600/700 meters away from the footpath. on these occasions i have talked to him nicely saying his trespassing and could be in danger. again today while decoying in the field a good 1000 meters away fom the footpath he walked down the footpath so obviously cut through the wood again i thought to myself as he disapeared over the hill. 15 minutes later out of the corner of my eye i saw him walking up the other side of this field where there was no footpath. he walked straight up to my decoys, along with the dog started examine them so i broke the gun took the cartridges out and approched this man again. i told him he was trespassing again. now his got all shirty with me threatening me that he will call the police if i keep shooting towards his land which i never have done just being awkward because i was right in what i was saying. any advice would be much appricated. its starting to annoy me now everytime i go shooting it seems like his there. what can i do.

your on a hideing to nothing fella best of keeping to your self and let him pass with out hassle if cops get called and he say you threatened then you might have sum proper hassles best off opening gun have a fag and a cuppa till he gets past iv had same with dog walker i frigging hate them 1 off them told me there dog has more right to be in the field than i do yer yer yer i thought what evan love

Edited by swiss.tony

There is a public right of access via the footpath, but that is all - the footpath and surrounding grounds actually belong to your Nan and he (or his dogs) have no right to roam from that route. It is down to your Nan to action, not you, and especially not with any firearm in your immediate possession. You could put up some signs saying Private Wood, but I doubt it would stop him. Your Nan would need to report it in the first instance and take it from there.

It might be that he genuinely sees no harm in deviating from the footpath or it could be this bloke is just deciding to walk the dog when he hears shots, just to annoy you, so tread very carefully. Either way, avoid confrontation at all costs :yes: and put up some temporary signs to say 'shooting in progress - do not enter' when you are there.