BSA Mercury MK2

Millomite

I have a BSA mercury mk2, handed down to me from my grandfather. What I want to know is roughly how much it would cost me to get a new spring etc for it and have it serviced at a gunsmiths

Only the gunsmith can tell you but hey it's gramps old gun gotta be worth a bit of love in doing up. I owe all shooting knowledge i have to my gramps! god bless ya old man :good::lol:

im not too sure if chambers is back up and running, but they are the best place to buy your parts from if you feel like doing the job yourself.

To give you an idea of the price i pay, it costs me £70 for a venom quality tune with my local gun smith, he is the only one i trust with any of my rifles, and he gets all his parts from chambers. Bare in mind that is for a full tune not a patch up and send it out.

Would imagine it would be around £50 at the most if your smith is half decent.

whoever you get to do the work ask for recomendations first, nothing is worse than spending money and finding out you wasted it, though if the rifle is currently not working, i guess anything would be an imporvment :good:

hope this helps you out a little

ROB :lol: