S410 vs S400

Theskyfox

• 3 months later...

Firstly can I say how nice it is to see a new member actually searching the back threads! Secondly welcome aboard.

(How about a seperate thread telling us about the shooting in Sri Lanka? Would be interesting)

Is it hard to get hold or different pellets where you are? I would tell your friend to start off with the Air Arms field pellets as these normally do well in all AA guns.

What pellets is he using at the moment?

hey snake bite...

many thanks for the nice welcome..i registered a couple of months ago but only started using the forum very very recently.

the shooting here in sri lanka is super mate. even if you have an air rifle..there so many things you can shoot. in about 30 minutes i am setting of to my friends place on the lake for a day of fishing and shooting..on a typical day you can expect to shoot atleast 2-3 varieties of duck, many other types of large tropical birds, tons of crows, pidgeons, iguana, water iguanas etc etc. my friend and i just get on his boat..cruise over to the marshy areas of the lake..kill the motor and just wait..and before long you can dispatch all sorts of birds...specially duck when they land on the water to feed :blush:

i will try getting some pictures for you guys..not really sure how to post them up though..will figure it out!

as for pellets..not much choice here bro..what widely available here is Gamo magnum, H&N flat heads,walther. i recently bought some tins of H&N field pellets from B.A.R in the uk and they are awesome. havnt had a chance to test out the AA pellets yet bro...i must include it in my next order. i also have some prometheus 0.22 lugs lying around which i use very sparingly when hunting with my FAC hw90..those pellets got some penetrating power..man!

anyways...it would be awesome if you guys can if you guys can suggest some good pellets..this way i can mail order:)

ps:my mate use the Gamp promagnum .177 pellets and sometime the cartridge is fussy..tends to get a little stuckish!

sacha