the walking dead season 3

richie223

This is a big favourite in my household but some of you more experienced guys (and gals) might help me with something my son's repeatedly asked: why do they use pump action shotguns as opposed to semi-autos (or even fully autos)?

Good question.

The characters on the show have made some pretty stupid choices when it comes to weapon selection. During season 1, when they made it to the CDC, there were literally piles of M4 carbines and other heavier machine guns lying around (the doctor inside even brought it up at one point), yet they didn't take any. You would think in that kind of situation, they would want as much firepower as humanly possible, but I guess not. Remember, zombies wouldn't be your only problem, but other survivors as well. They probably would've done better at the farm when the walkers overran it last season if they had had some of those weapons from the CDC.

Oh well, I guess rate of fire and magazine capacity are overrated when you're fighting mobs of undead people trying to eat you...

This is a big favourite in my household but some of you more experienced guys (and gals) might help me with something my son's repeatedly asked: why do they use pump action shotguns as opposed to semi-autos (or even fully autos)?

Pumps will cycle any load( dont you know this ha,ha ,ha) and are more reliable as the action is manually operated, semis need more cleaning etc to stop jamming, and you dont want a round jamming when confronted with the walking dead do you now ha ha ha,

Tis a good series though, definantley a man watch,

ATB Flynny

Pumps will cycle any load( dont you know this ha,ha ,ha) and are more reliable as the action is manually operated, semis need more cleaning etc to stop jamming, and you dont want a round jamming...

So when I noticed that my reflexes and eyesight "weren't as good as they used to be"; enquired about the best 2+1 method (pump or semi) my local gundealer was lying when he told me that a semi required much less looking after (and much less could gowrong with it) compared to a pump. Has he also put me at a disadvantage when the zombies rise again?