Cutting down cheddite hulls

Guest cookoff013

What about multimetal wads trimmed down

ok, stop the cryptic clues,

what do you have and why do you want to load it.

cutting down a hull to fit 3" components in it is one thing, cutting down wads and such is a whole different subject.

to make it simple for us to answer your problems, tell us what doesnt fit,

what does the data say?

Im not trying to be cryptic. I want to try and load some 3" steel for my o/u but don't want to buy loads of different components if I don't have to. I understand that you shouldn't change thing from the data sheets but thought I might be able to trim the wad to fit. If I do need to buy different wads then I will have to.

The data says ballistic products 3221230

Edited by super sharp shooter

Guest cookoff013

if you have the data for the smaller multimetal wad, then you could cut it down to the smaller size.

i thought you were going on a total bodge job. makes way more sense now.

i kinda had visions of super short wads, Massive shot charges. or something silly.

if you had said, i`d like to make a 3" load but have 3.5" wads, but there is an identical 3" wad, can i cut it down and the hull?

i dont mean to be aggressive, i may sound like it. but in the past 2 years, locally there have been 5 detonations, and several serious reloading errors. i`d rather you keep your fingers and eyes.

if you have the data for the smaller multimetal wad, then you could cut it down to the smaller size.

i thought you were going on a total bodge job. makes way more sense now.

i kinda had visions of super short wads, Massive shot charges. or something silly.

if you had said, i`d like to make a 3" load but have 3.5" wads, but there is an identical 3" wad, can i cut it down and the hull?

i dont mean to be aggressive, i may sound like it. but in the past 2 years, locally there have been 5 detonations, and several serious reloading errors. i`d rather you keep your fingers and eyes.

Holy ****!! 5 detonations just locally in only 2 years?? That's a lot of Darwin theory in action for such a small area......