bsa hornet.

tezza28

Any one reccomend a good moderator for them i'm like a big kid looking forward to getting hold of it now

Just had a look at it on the trade section, looks like a good little gun! Personally I am a big fan of the Weihrauch silencer. but looking at the pics, it seems to come with one, so before you go out buying one, check to see how well the BSA one works - it might just save you £60. If you want to replace the scope, a good place to start is something like a 3-9x40 scope from hawke, nikko stirling or simmons! enjoy it!

what will you be using it for?

Thanks karlie yeah chris i'm gonna give her a good testing lolmy mate has a perm that is crawli.g with squizzers and a few phesants i was looking at H&N barracuda hunters not sure if there any good

try a few, find out what works best in your gun. Heavy pellets give good stopping power - always handy for squizzers - but not so good on the range front. Having said that, My gun is zeroed at 35yds and I've never shot over 50yds and the range issue isn't really a big problem. I use Bisley magnums, which are a heavy domed pellet, but have had good results with H&N Field and Target Trophy pellets and AA diabolo fields. you can get a few sample packs that have different types in them; these work well! Light pellets have a flatter trajectory so are easier to shoot, heavier ones have the heavier impact.

Edited by chrisjpainter

On an air rifle ???

Yep. I have a BSA Ultra, BSA Scorpion and Crosman [spit] 2240. All wear SAKs.

I found SAKs sounded like a metallic passing of lower digestive tract gas, apparently f arts are offensive! A Twink is quieter!

I didn't say that it was the *quietest*. (I do *have* a Wienrauch but prefer the SAKs.) What I *said* was that they were easy to clean (no miscellaneous junk inside and come apart easily), all metal and short.

The "short" bit is important to me since a don't like long guns.

Regards,

Mark.

The SAK works, but the Twink is not that much longer!

I've got to admit that I don't know anything about the Twink. The SAK was about as cheap as an effective moderator got and seemed to do the job.

I tried firing my .177 Scorpion "sans SAK" in the back garden on one occaision - I won't be trying *that* again in a hurry... :)

Regards,

Mark.