Stalking on Portugal.

shakari

I thought some of you guys might enjoy seeing some pics of how good the deer stalking is out here in Portugal.

We have the Iberian red deer, fallow deer, wild boar, hares and good partridge and duck as the main quarry species and from my very limited experience of it, the hunting here seems to be the best kept secret in Europe.

1sttesthuntCasteloBranco004AAA-2.jpg

1sttesthuntCasteloBranco028AAA.jpg

LOL..... the trophies had been in the freezer...... guess I should have mentioned that. sorry.

I might be going up there again this weekend but only if the rain stops.... those 4 trophies were taken in about 3 or 4 days and the smallest was 11 or 12 points.

The area will be taking overseas hunting clients from next year and although I don't have any commercial interest in the company concerned, I do have a good friendship with them so will post other pics from time to time and as I get anything worth posting.

• 2 weeks later...

Our home is now close to Figueiro Dos Vinhos and the hunting area is close to Castelo Branco near the spanish border.

The company handling sales and bookings etc is Athina Hunting Tours based in the UK and their website is www.athinahuntingtours.com.

I can really recommend both Athina and the hunting company and areas....... they really are tip top! :)

Please let me know if you do book and I'll drive up and buy you a beer or something. :)

Edited by shakari