spotting scoup

estimatorsking

Hi, Google opticron spottingscope and have a look at the first site (www.opticron) that appears on the list, these spotting scopes are now discontinued but if you like what you see? I have one with the tripod adapter complete with an optional 30 x magnification eyepiece, with original lens protectors, in good nick that you might be interested in? to be honest I can't really recommend any particular one as this is the only one i've used!!and I rate it as very good!

P1

It really depends on how much you want to spend. As crafty mentioned you can get them very cheap or you can spend many thousands (the latest leica's are around 2k plus an eyepiece). If you are shooting indoors pretty much anything is ok (I use and Opticron IP60 which is perfectly adequate at 25yrds and cost me less than 60). If you're shooting at long range then you will benefit getting something better. I've used a lot of different types and currently use a Leica Televid 77 which is fantastic but around 750 used. If you're anywhere near London or going to be at Bisley at some stage I can show you a range (Kowa TSN1, Kowa TSN 821, Leica Televid 62 / 77, Opticron 60). BTW I'm not a dealer just never seem to get around to selling the old ones though I think SWMBO may be getting on my case about that now!

Happy to talk offline as well - pm me your contact details...

Cheers

John