Fuse for A1 Decoys / Rotor Coys - Turbo Flapper ?

ScubaSparky

As title....

Does anyone know the wattage of the motor on the A1 Decoys / Rotor Coys Turbo Flapper or what size fuse would be best to protect the motor ?

Think it would be wise to add a fuse which would cost pence as aposed to a blown motor.

Cheers

Simon

Edited by ScubaSparky

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't think you would need one if you got wires round the wrong way the motor is just reversed ?

I was thinking more like, if the motor got over strained / over loaded because of seized linkages or if I forgot to break the wings.

My thinking is that all 12v devices / circuits in a car are protected by a fuse & so are all devices in the house.

phone them up very knwolegable they are

Yes I emailed them the other day, I'll post up their response in a min...

Cheers

Simon

Hi

The Turbo Flapper & Timer arrived safely at 07:38 this AM many thanks.

To give me added piece of mind I think I am going to add a Standard Car Blade fuse on an additional length of wire - The Fuse would cost pence as a-posed to a blown motor !

Do you know the wattage of the motor on the Turbo Flapper or what size fuse would be best to protect the motor ?

Thanks

Simon

Thanks for your message,

Got hold of the motor supplier last night, he said there really is no need to put a fuse inline as they are designed not to need one but is you really really have to do it then it must be no more than 500 milliamp. Hope this helps,

Kind regards

- sportingagent

Hi

Thanks for your reply about Fuse....

Ah your motor supplier (MFA? or similar) says I don't really need a Fuse - so the motor wont burn out if something got jammed.

Perhaps I wont bother then, but if I felt compelled to do so a fuse no bigger than 500 milliamp / 0.5 amp will do the trick.

I have also remembered to leave you Positive Feedback on the sale !

Cheers

Simon

I would measure the current of the flapper under load (with a pigeon on it), then add 25% of that value, this allows for start up and other factors. (under load gives 250mA, 25% = 62.5mA Total is 312.5mA) . If you do stall the motor unprotected it will cause damage, a common place is the brushes on the motor burning out. Hope this helps!!

I would measure the current of the flapper under load (with a pigeon on it), then add 25% of that value, this allows for start up and other factors. (under load gives 250mA, 25% = 62.5mA Total is 312.5mA) . If you do stall the motor unprotected it will cause damage, a common place is the brushes on the motor burning out. Hope this helps!!

Thanks for the tip Agent36

• 4 weeks later...