Wright Feeder

jloc

We use them imho better than springs if you have badgers or deer about, I'd be surprised if they don't last ten years or more so a better investment than springs for the price. Solway feeders sell then at a reduced rate for 30 or more! So far we have have bought 60 ..............

A few people (who have yet to try them) think the feed will run through to easy, can't say that I've found any problems with them, the only problem we've had in 2 years is the feed blocking but that was down to poor feed full of rubbish and plastic which would have also blocked pans or springs, try some is the only way to find out.

Edited by Paul223

A few people (who have yet to try them) think the feed will run through to easy, can't say that I've found any problems with them, the only problem we've had in 2 years is the feed blocking but that was down to poor feed full of rubbish and plastic which would have also blocked pans or springs, try some is the only way to find out.

Hi,

thank you. We feed mostly the rests / junk of the harvested crops. Because there is always a lot of "shells" in there we use this kind of feeders. They are also pretty simple to make out of a hard PE 1,5l Coce bottle.

http://www.schmid-futterautomaten.de/index.php?id=19

Chaff and short lengths of straw are not a problem the birds tend to pull / work most rubbish out, i'll post up a pick of a wright feeder tomorrow.

Thanks. I was looking for the word Chaff. We call it Kaff. I have never seen your feeders before but ordered yesterday five to test them.

Chaff and short lengths of straw are not a problem the birds tend to pull / work most rubbish out, i'll post up a pick of a wright feeder tomorrow.

Bought 5 wright feeders for testing them. Expected plastic and it turned out that it is made out of steel with plastic coating ! Do you ever had problems with plastic chipping of ?