New Breed of Gundog..

ETO

I saw this new breed today. It has two heads and six legs. :lol:

DSCN0997.jpg

I asked the pup to heel but Lou was in the way so instead of doing the normal thing and either squeezing between or being at the side she tried to jump him and ended up like this - I asked them to wait and there you have it.. 2 heads and 6 legs :lol:

I quite like looking at pictures of your dogs,keep them coming. Im a springer man at the moment but would like a larger type next,springer cross lab could be the way forward. Whats their coat like is lab like or springer type. After somthing that can withstand the elements. One of mine has a thick coat and the other ones is terrible.

I quite like looking at pictures of your dogs,keep them coming. Im a springer man at the moment but would like a larger type next,springer cross lab could be the way forward. Whats their coat like is lab like or springer type. After somthing that can withstand the elements. One of mine has a thick coat and the other ones is terrible.

Mine are indoor so they're coats are slightly thinner than what they would be if kept out. But saying that - both of them have different coats. Lou - my eldest is slightly wirey but the soft type and only wirey along his spine. However his underbelly is thin so he gets a few cuts and scrapes but other than that he can work undergrowth just fine. I don't walk mine with coats and we go out in all weathers and all terrains they manage fine.

Pen's coat is more Labby. As is her tail, whereas Lou's is more springer - it hasn't got the otter look that Pen's has. They both go swimming in freezing water too and Lou is fine in the snow too. Pen hasn't had snow yet.

The one thing that lets them down is that they are basically a Springer in a lab coat - so the tail is an issue. Lou's is mashed up at the end where he keeps knocking it, but docking it would make him look stupid as he looks more like a lab.

But overall I'd never say no to another one. They have an off switch too - guess thats the lab side :D:lol:

Great stuff thanks for that will look into one for the future,Geoffrey and bungle my two have a few years left to go before retirement so im in no rush as of yet. Is the off button easy to find:-P. Cheers Albert.

Well apart from a couple of mad minutes mine sleep or potter about the house during the day. I've not took them out for a week because I'm suffering an ear and chest infection and they haven't torn the place up.

However Lou had a sneezing fit 20 minutes ago and Pen decided to repeatedly pounce on him and now she has her head stuck in a basketball that she'd previously popped and ripped a great hole in. They're characters!

i have to agree , they are lovely looking dogs and well looked after