Dsc Level 1

antuk99

Hi

I had/have the Training Manual. What i done was went through all the Questions & high-lighted the correct answer with a marker pen at the same time writting the page number next to it where i found the text, also high-lighting the text on the page with the Question number next to it.

Then just keep testing yourself on the Questions, the ones that you keep getting wrong go to the correct text. Doing this saves you a lot of time trying to take in the whole Manual, which you can do at your own pace. You will learn a lot on the coarse & they are there to get you a pass & teach you what you need to pass, not catch you out. So dont worry even though this dosen't mean don't study, do as much as you can.

Don't worry about the shooting test, that is easy. The guy who tested us said that they have found that peolpe who shoot Airrifles a lot tend to be better shots, which they put down to the need to hold the rifle still for longer when taking the shoot, as the pellet takes that much longer to leave the barrel than a bullet.

Any way good luck :good:

PELTMAN

If you don't have the Deerquest CD, get it.

Do the questions over and over again until you know the answer before you have read the whole thing.

Find a way of remebering the ones you get wrong, just like peltman said.

Seasons were me weak point so I just kept taeting myself and remembered the dates by memorising the first letters of the start and stop months.

If it helps to encourage you, I am useless at learning, and only got a total of 2 questions wrong in all the tests, so it can't be that hard :good:

:good: Me worried no way just look at the time of my posting :good::good: no seriously some good advice there fellas thanks for your time my mate madmanx from this forum has the disc and getting me 1 well i am doing the course over 5 weekends yes the shooting bit is fine although my 30-06 is @ york guns getting threaded but borrowed 1 from the course getting mine back next week cheers lads will keep you updated :good:

Guest jonrms

Good luck with the course.....

any details of where to go for courses etc..... I only have 22 rimfires.. and am looking to build up my DSC cert to cert2 before I go for a variation on my cert... for a rifle...

I wouldnt mind going the odd time but I know I wouldnt do it alot... which believe me I asked myself why get a rifle if I wont use it alot... but the truth is... because I want to use it but not always....