foam wing decoy (where to?)

Mr Rizzini

Thats great, thanks very much matey

311902171_o.jpg

The Jack Pyke wing sets are OK for shape and size but I've never seen a pigeon with such a weird colour scheme. You only have to google image "Woodpigeon wings" or compare a real one to see how bad they are for colour and pattern. I paint mine to blend in more with the decoy and look like a pigeon wing and tail. Acrylic paints with fullers earth added to stop any shine and glare in sun.

Edited by Bobba

The Jack Pyke wing sets are OK for shape and size but I've never seen a pigeon with such a weird colour scheme. You only have to google image "Woodpigeon wings" or compare a real one to see how bad they are for colour and pattern. I paint mine to blend in more with the decoy and look like a pigeon wing and tail. Acrylic paints with fullers earth added to stop any shine and glare in sun.

thats great mate, I shall purchase some from the evil bay

what is the recipe for mixing the fullers earth with the paint?

Edited by Mr Rizzini

thats great mate, I shall purchase some from the evil bay

what is the recipe for mixing the fullers earth with the paint?

Sorry to say there is no magic formula. I use "Graduate" Acrylic as it's cheaper than the professional stuff and for what we use the paint for it's hardly a Remrandt. Having mixed the right shade and thinned it with a drop of water for smooth application I add about a desert spoon of fullers earth. It then is a sort of paste and gently thin again for smooth application. You can get fullers earth on-line. You need only buy the small amount in grams as it lasts for yonks. HTH. Regards

Sorry to say there is no magic formula. I use "Graduate" Acrylic as it's cheaper than the professional stuff and for what we use the paint for it's hardly a Remrandt. Having mixed the right shade and thinned it with a drop of water for smooth application I add about a desert spoon of fullers earth. It then is a sort of paste and gently thin again for smooth application. You can get fullers earth on-line. You need only buy the small amount in grams as it lasts for yonks. HTH. Regards

thats great Bobba, I now managed to get 6 sentry full body decoys from a friend so I'll be off to eason's today to get a couple of tubes or paint, I know my cousin uses fullers earth for fly fishing so I may try him and see if he has any.

cheers again for the reply.