aister

We had been invited to a friends house for food and drinks last night so I offered to bring something food/drink wise, I was taken up on the offer so I made game pie which turned out very good. Everyone had a bit and really enjoyed it so I thought I would share the recipe. There is a bit of prep time but I think its worth it. The meat i used was the venison and goose, mallard, pigeon, woodcock, snipe and rabbit. Here's the link,

http://www.bbc.co.uk...es/gamepie_8555

My pie :drool:

post-29954-0-39366000-1356185513_thumb.jpg

It was really good. If anything I put in a bit too much orange, it was a really big juicy orange I had. The meat was good, you could tell the different meats apart, I have had game pies before where the meat was over powered by other flavours and it may as well been all beef or something.

The best thing about game pie is that you can use any meat and you add your own little touches to it.

My downside is i don`t understand why every recipe has to contain garlic, personally i can`t stand the stuff.

A pie sells itself on its appearance and you certainly done that one some justice, looks very appetizeing. :good: