Barbour Outlet Store - Braintree

huffhuff

my missus got me cartridge bag £49 cheapest i can find it on line is £89 so you do get some bargains there

You do get some good fashion bargains but the 'sporting' section is tiny and they've done the place up so it's more full-price shop and less outlet.

I bought a coat there last year reduced from £450 down to £150, went in a few weeks ago and the same one is now £250!! Go figure?!?

Joe

All "outlet stores" exist for only one reason.

It's stuff that didn't sell!

It's either a size or colour that didn't fit the majority or it's a design that was wrong or it's something from the past that nobody wanted.

Or, worse still, it's "seconds", stuff that's inferior and that management has decided to get rid of at a loss, go figure!

The best way to get a specific item you're after is google it every now and then, soon enough someone will have it on clear out or discount :yes: . Barbour is a prime example because as good as they are some of the prices are eye watering mainly because they tend to be fashionable looking too.

The best way to get a specific item you're after is google it every now and then, soon enough someone will have it on clear out or discount :yes: . Barbour is a prime example because as good as they are some of the prices are eye watering mainly because they tend to be fashionable looking too.

The eye-watering cost is also a reflection on the quality of the product!

I agree.

Although to be fair, I can only speak of their country/shooting range. Their customer service also great. The pockets on my dunmoor fleece started to tear at the corner join. They replaced the entire jacket for a new, updated model. The jacket I sent in was over 4 years old.

Also, my dog chewed the zip of an older model of the featherweight jacket so it didn't zip completely to the top. They replaced the zip for free :)

Edited by huffhuff

Although to be fair, I can only speak of their country/shooting range. Their customer service also great. The pockets on my dunmoor fleece started to tear at the corner join. They replaced the entire jacket for a new, updated model. The jacket I sent in was over 4 years old.

Also, my dog chewed the zip of an older model of the featherweight jacket so it didn't zip completely to the top. They replaced the zip for free :)

I've had similar experiences with Barbour, years ago they replaced a favourite Bomber jacket of mine with new when I sent it in because the creased folds on the arms started to tear. :) They also repaired non-Barbour jackets sent in for re-proofing and repairs at very reasonable rates. One of those companies that deserve their success.