mould on fishing gear

roadkill

Just been in the shed to get my fishing gear ready for tomorrow only to find the seat , landing mat and bait bucket lid with spots of black mould and white fluffy stuff on them .

How do i stop this happening and what is the best way to clean it off? Never had this problem before and the shed is dry with no leaks. The only think that i can think caused this was when we moved house the shed was piled at the side of the house for about four weeks , so maybe the inside is still drying out and with the weather we have had its not really helping.

Maybe wash them down with a weak bleach solution, wait a few minutes then rinse well? should be ok for hard surface items - would fade any cloth etc though. You can get specific anti mould cleaners from supermarkets. As you already know, main way of stopping it is to be absolutely sure your gear is completely dry when packing away and in a well ventilated storage area, it's been really difficult with this last year being so damp.

my fingernails are growing , do you think i should cut them.? if so what with.?

Easy, a 4" chisel and a lump hammer! Take them back to the second knuckle, problem sorted permanently! Or you could go for he Rannulph Ffeines method (ouch) :)

Edited by Bloke