discovery 2

russdy

Disco 2 is MUCH better than the 3 (& less of a money pit) Like all Lannys they have their faults;

1 Anything much before 2004 WILL have(or soon will have) a dodgy cylinder head which cant / shouldnt be skimmed

2 Sunroofs leak, unless parked facing downhill or you can be bothered sorting the drain tubes

3 Rough running - replace injector wiring loom, 15 mins and < £30

4 Dodgy airbags on rear suspension (7 seaters) piece of cake to replace and appx £100

Other than that not much to go wrong, comfortable, capable and reasonably economical. Get one

Edited by spanj

i would happily recomend a d2 and have done so on here before. i have run mine for the past three years and other than regular servicing and injector loom/injector seals it has been a very good car, the wife drives it ,we pull a caravan and a trailer now and then and it does 30 ish to the gallon. it is comfortable, powerful and room for three kids in the back and two dogs in the boot. good advise by spanj, try to stay clear of the early models. mine is 03 facelift. the td5 engine is sweet with no rubber cam belt to worry about. keep the oil changed regular and it will serve you well.

a lot of car for the money in my opion.

aga man.

Good advise from the chaps above

Make sure that you get one with the 15p engine code as the eairlier models with the 10p code often cause the problems.

Mine has now just done 150,000 and all is well just keep it upto date with the services as this is what will cause the engine issues as with most cars

Good luck

And welcome to the world of the green oval