cp88 pistol shooting southwest

davehiscockplumb

Hi all,

Hope all is well at PW.

I have just got hold of a cp88, and no little about the pistol target shooting religion...

Just seeing if anyone knows of any clubs where I could see how bad I am at pistol shooting :)

Not sure on back garden shooting with a pistol?

I have a 60ft x 60ft garden, with a huge backstop, but again not wanting to break any laws or upset any neighbours.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me...

Thanks

No problems with shooting this in your garden as long as you don`t cause a nuisance, no pellets leave your boundary, etc etc, common sense stuff really, if you have direct neighbours maybe let them know what you are up to.

These Co2 pistols are really only good for shooting very close range paper or cans, temperature also has a big effect on accuracy and power which is around 1.5 to 2 ft/lb, although I have seen a six inch barreled CP 88 knock a can over at 100 yards must have been a very lucky shot :rolleyes: .

Back in the day I had 2 CP88s, a black one and a nickel one. Nice pistols and good fun but as has already been said, don't expect to get much power or range out of them. They are ideal for attic or back garden plinking.

If you have neighbours that can see into your garden I would let them know what you are doing and maybe consider getting a silencer if the noise is going to pee the neigbours off. You can try here, they are an online club that does postal league comps etc and loads of advice to be had.

http://umarexboysclubforum.myfineforum.org/index.php