under ejector

muckybear

take the ejector out and have a look to see if there's any crud in there, (to do this take the barrels off, push the ejector down as far a it will go be carefull as the ejectors are quite sharp and can cut your finger. then once depressed they can move out sideways however watch out for the springs inside as they may hit the ceiling so put your hand over the top....) have a look to see what condition the spring is in and see if theres some **** in there thats stopping it ejecting properly... :)

take the ejector out and have a look to see if there's any crud in there, (to do this take the barrels off, push the ejector down as far a it will go be carefull as the ejectors are quite sharp and can cut your finger. then once depressed they can move out sideways however watch out for the springs inside as they may hit the ceiling so put your hand over the top....) have a look to see what condition the spring is in and see if theres some **** in there thats stopping it ejecting properly... :)

hi is this easy to do as i have very little experience with things like this and dont fancy making a pigs ear of it i.e losing or braking it :)

you may find the ejector hammer sear has worn down to the point it wont hold the hammer in battery, i hope its just debris stuck in there, as you've been told take out the ejector and clean up with a solvent brass/toothbrush out all the **** and clean light lube and re-assemble, now look at the forend stock, take a good look throught the two little ports where the sears release the hammers, you should see the face of the sear, if you have a mag glass it will help, you may see damage/wear on the face, this is a smith job as the new sear needs to be timed to the hammer, you can do it yourself but i would, if you have the tools and experience but i would sujest a smith, you can see by the pic the wear on a sear new to old, i have replaced mine last year for the same reason, bottom barrel firing more rounds than the top excessive wear was put on this sear, it also may have been a little softer steel ?? who knows, get it clean and try it, but have a look at them.

Martin

post-1145-1161006404.jpg

you may find the ejector hammer sear has worn down to the point it wont hold the hammer in battery, i hope its just debris stuck in there, as you've been told take out the ejector and clean up with a solvent brass/toothbrush out all the **** and clean light lube and re-assemble, now look at the forend stock, take a good look throught the two little ports where the sears release the hammers, you should see the face of the sear, if you have a mag glass it will help, you may see damage/wear on the face, this is a smith job as the new sear needs to be timed to the hammer, you can do it yourself but i would, if you have the tools and experience but i would sujest a smith, you can see by the pic the wear on a sear new to old, i have replaced mine last year for the same reason, bottom barrel firing more rounds than the top excessive wear was put on this sear, it also may have been a little softer steel ?? who knows, get it clean and try it, but have a look at them.

Martin

thanks going to take it to the smiths let him do it :good: