Out with a friend

Nicholas Bottoms

I have been looking around and have found quite a few threads on going out with friends when pigeon shooting. My Dad and I almost always go out together, when decoying or roost shooting. When we are decoying it helps to have two different hides around wither a field or on opposite sides of the farm as it keeps the birds moving. We really see a difference when we go out with more guns as it gives the birds less free space to eat and it keeps them in the air. If we are out together when roost shooting or walking hedgerows it is alot easier being on both sides of the hedge as you have a much better field of view to birds leaving. Another worry alot of people have is weather it i worth decoying without alot of kit, of course, as long as you are keeping the birds moving. I carry about 24 shell decoys 2 bouncers and 3 lofting poles in a big burgen. This means that I can go out with a friend and lend them gear or I can set up big patterns on days when the birds are high and need abit more to attract them in close enough to shoot!

Just thought Id share this with you incase it was of any help!

Thanks HM