Cvlife LXGD Ultra Bright Green Laser Sight any good?

Vagante

Just had a look and it seems you can get a red version for ten quid less, is a green spot worth £10 quid? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cvlife-Outside-Adjust-Switch-Mounts/dp/B0089AV5T8/ref=pd_sim_sg_5

what are you thinking of using it for? i was thinking about getting one but they cross me as being fairly useless, except for seeing why you are missing by being able to see which direction the laser moves when you pull a shot so you know if its you or a dodgy pellet....

I bought a similar item more out of curiosity than any real need, and after a few brief experiments its stayed in the drawer as little more than a novelty.

You could use one for rangefinding or quick target acquisition in daylight the same as you would use a red laser at night, as they are much more visible to the human eye, but at night a 5mw green laser is so ridiculously visible as to be more of a hindrance than a help unless you are trying to show your position as effectively as sending up a flare! ;-

You can literally put a dot on something 1000yards away and see the entire line of the laser. It might sound impressive but the high visibility and range of the things is so much overkill as to look silly at night, especially if any kind of discretion on your permission is intended.

Unless you have a fairly specific use (ie daytime only) for it or just fancy a bit of tech-geekyness you'd probably be as well off with the normal red type.

Edited by Taz72