Keeping dog kenneled

Willow32

Thinking of getting another dog as my one passed away last week. The thing is the other dogs we have are looked after durring the day at the other halfs parents.But as they are getting on now I dont think it would be fare to give them another one to look after.

The thing is I work from 7.30 am till 16:30 , 5days a week...now the dogs have a 1 mile walk first thing in the morning and 2 - 3 mile walk at night when I get home and at weekends it would be with me most the time.

The kennal and run size would be around 4ft x 10ft

Would this be acceptable ?

regards

Willow32

Thinking of getting another dog as my one passed away last week. The thing is the other dogs we have are looked after durring the day at the other halfs parents.But as they are getting on now I dont think it would be fare to give them another one to look after.

The thing is I work from 7.30 am till 16:30 , 5days a week...now the dogs have a 1 mile walk first thing in the morning and 2 - 3 mile walk at night when I get home and at weekends it would be with me most the time.

The kennal and run size would be around 4ft x 10ft

Would this be acceptable ?

regards

Willow32

many would say this is bad- however most dogs don't get that sort of attention if they are kennelled with the owner at home. Kennel sounds a liitle small especially as the dog might have to relieve itself

Could your in laws pop round during the day and let the dog out for an hour to run about the garden and have a little company?

Perhaps ask them if they wouldn't mind looking after another dog - you might think they're getting on but they might enjoy the company. My parents are older and they had my boy whilst the pup as in season and now my Mum after her own dog because she enjoyed having Louie. My Dad won't admit it but he did too.

Personally your working time would be Ok for an adult but not for a pup.

But that said I worked 2/3 days a week with my current pup and those shifts were 8 hours long (including travel) but I'd have a friend pop in and let them out if need be and they had each other for company and lots of interactive toys like Kongs and Wobblers to keep them busy.

Kongs and wobblers- were do these names come from LOL

No Idea Kent, have often wondered myself - to an outsider you giving your dog a kong sounds like some kind of sex toy - you do get funny looks. The wobbler is my pups favourite though.