25mph wind?

GunFire

Hello,

Off out to shoot my new permission tomorrow. I'm new to pigeon shooting and just wondered if winds of 25mph + would be suited to the birds or if they might stay in their roost? I went out last week in winds of around 15mph and saw plenty of birds feeding on the rape but didn't hit a blimmin thing! I'll get my eye in soon I hope.

if the birds are feeding then a very good day can be had when it's windy. the birds will come in to decoys low and fast and the sound of the shots will be muffled. providing you are downwind of where the birds are coming from they shouldn't hear the shots. good luck.

Just got back. It was windy to say the least. The pigeons were a bit nervous around the decoys. A few came it to have a look but there wasn't a great deal of opportunity to shoot. Most of the birds seemed to be passing, not stopping to feed. Anyway, had a good time and came away with one pigeon so I'm happy with that.