Trap (DTL, etc.) at A1SG or Dartford ?

Anonymouslemming

I'd like to have a go at some trap disciplines once my new gun arrives in the next couple of weeks. I mainly shoot at A1 shooting ground and Dartford - I believe that both of these have DTL areas.

Does anyone use these? What is the process to get access to these and practice? Is it the same as sporting where you just show up and prepay, or some other method ?

Thanks,

we had a play on the skeet ranges, pay for the key at reception.

only been there a couple of times, but enjoyed it there.

we went up before xmas for their friday deal of clays and lunch, and had a couple of rounds left over as we didnt get time on the friday to finish.

we had a play on the skeet ranges, pay for the key at reception.

only been there a couple of times, but enjoyed it there.

we went up before xmas for their friday deal of clays and lunch, and had a couple of rounds left over as we didnt get time on the friday to finish.

Thanks - I'll give it a look next time I'm out that way then.

Still trying to convince myself that I really need this over/under, but without having shot any DTL / Skeet, I'm not sure whether I'll actually enjoy them enough to justify the cost.

The semi-auto is ideal for me for sporting so far, and I'm sure it would be fine for skeet too. I'm honestly thinking of just sticking to that for now and looking at DTL later in life. But it sounds like a new fun thing to try, so ...

There's no DTL at the A1, It is OT or UT.

It's unlikely you'll be welcomed by other shooters if they're training there if you arrive with a semi auto.

The control boxes are operated by a token which is bought from the office in the clubhouse. Each shooter (max 6) inserts their token into the control box in the hut behind the range. There's a stop/start box outside the hut, you press the button marked 'Via' to start the round and after the round it stops automatically. In the case of a 'no bird' you press the large red button after checking that the stop/start box has stepped forward onto the next shooting position. If the 'no bird' was caused by the microphone not accepting your call, the box won't step forward so call again.

I'd like to have a go at some trap disciplines once my new gun arrives in the next couple of weeks. I mainly shoot at A1 shooting ground and Dartford - I believe that both of these have DTL areas.

Does anyone use these? What is the process to get access to these and practice? Is it the same as sporting where you just show up and prepay, or some other method ?

Thanks,

As Philr states there is no DTL at the A1, but next time you are there please make yourself know, especially if it is a Saturday. My name is Terry

Edited by bakerboy

It's unlikely you'll be welcomed by other shooters if they're training there if you arrive with a semi auto.

The control boxes are operated by a token which is bought from the office in the clubhouse. Each shooter (max 6) inserts their token into the control box in the hut behind the range. There's a stop/start box outside the hut, you press the button marked 'Via' to start the round and after the round it stops automatically. In the case of a 'no bird' you press the large red button after checking that the stop/start box has stepped forward onto the next shooting position. If the 'no bird' was caused by the microphone not accepting your call, the box won't step forward so call again.

Thanks for the info on how it works - I shall stop by sometime soon with my nice shiny Silver Pigeon :)

As Philr states there is no DTL at the A1, but next time you are there please make yourself know, especially if it is a Saturday. My name is Terry

Hi Terry,

My wife Cheryl and I met you on one of our trips down to A1 a few weeks back. Unfortunately, since then we've only been able to get out mid-week or sundays and haven't seen you around.

Regards,

Thanks for the info on how it works - I shall stop by sometime soon with my nice shiny Silver Pigeon :)

Hi Terry,

My wife Cheryl and I met you on one of our trips down to A1 a few weeks back. Unfortunately, since then we've only been able to get out mid-week or sundays and haven't seen you around.

Regards,

Hi terry if you like to use a semi auto for D.T.L OR A.B.T it is ok with the cpsa rules book at reg shoot's.go shoot your clays at any ground or club i will be .

Hi Terry,

Regards,

semi auto is ok with the cpsa rules to use a trap shooting

Thanks - I'll give it a look next time I'm out that way then.

Still trying to convince myself that I really need this over/under, but without having shot any DTL / Skeet, I'm not sure whether I'll actually enjoy them enough to justify the cost.

The semi-auto is ideal for me for sporting so far, and I'm sure it would be fine for skeet too. I'm honestly thinking of just sticking to that for now and looking at DTL later in life. But it sounds like a new fun thing to try, so ...

get and use it a trap shooting dont be put off it is ok in the rule book by the way i use a remi trap 1100 semi-auto