hw95k screw cut

king ratcatcher

as long as the job has been done propery and not botched a shortend 95 is probably going to be a very nice little rifle, as long as its been tuned to maintain the pproper power level.

But i would advise you to give it a good trying out before you part with any cash.

ROB :)

Hi, I've got this rifle and I love it to bits (in .177). It shoots straight and I've had many pigeons with it (works great with Logun penetrators). The only thing is that Iv'e got the full barrelled version (aka I got mine about 2 weeks before they decided to shorten the barrel)...I shouldn't think it would make a major difference, but it might be worth checking out.

-Andrew

Roblade, According to the airgunbuyer website its the manufacturers that have decided to shorten the barrel after listening to "customer feedback" apparantly. I've not tried out the newer version, but I'm sure itl be just as good? Although I would have thought that a longer barrel would be better for accuracy, but I can see the logical reason why they shortened it (its just so long with the silencer otherwise lol). As far as I can see theyve taken about 4 inches off the barrel....

Hope it helps clarify matey :) ,

-Andrew

wont effect accuracy in the least, carbines effect accuracy when your shooting at 100yards with a heavy grain bullet but when your talking about airgun ranges and velocities the number of turns in a barrel will make no difference at all, or at least none that you would ever notice LOL

one of the most popular sping rifles has a barrel 7.5" long as has one of the more popular gas rams, and then you get rifles custom made with barrels 7.5" long being just as accurate as rifles with standard length barrels.

The only real difference a longer barrle makes is to power, a longer barrel on a pcp rifle will increase the power, but will not reduce the number of shots, though i couldnt sewear that this is the same case with springers, i would asume so but i wouldnt put my neck on it.

The only real reason you dont get ultra short carbines is the cocking effort of a short barrel in .177.

ROB :)

the screw cut version turns out to be longer with the silencer on than the model with the muzzle brake.

screwcut version is "3" longer making total length of the rifle "46" from the standard muzzle versions length of "43"

silencers are pointless really on springers because most of the feedback is in the action, this sounds allot louder to the shooter because his ear is right by it.

at the end of the day your paying more for something that isnt going to make a hell of a difference at 30 yards, plus adding "3" to the over all length?

i would just go with the standard and put the extra cash to pellets

silencers are pointless really on springers because most of the feedback is in the action, this sounds allot louder to the shooter because his ear is right by it.

You havnt done much shooting with springers then?

A silencer on a springer WILL make a difference, not a huge difference but it will be noticable.

I have tried an unsilenced rifle shooting next to a silenced rifle and boy did it make a difference, i once thought like you it was a waste of time getting one fitted. But having had this experiance i can honestly say it does make a noticable difference.

The rifle i was able to compare was a silenced and unsilenced HW35, this was a true side by side comparison NOT a shot with and then without silencer!

Yes a fair bit of noise does come from the action, BUT if you can make the muzzel report as quiet as possible, when you get the rifle tuned out profesionaly it saves you haveing to spend another £100 getting the rifle cut down, screw cut and re crowned not to mention £40 saving on the silencer!!!

Cheers guys, liam, i have had a 95k, and it was loud, now seen one with a weihrauch on it, it does make a BIG diffrence, as quite as any other pcp if you ask me, quiter then my s16 with a logun on it :blink:

Cheers for the advise guys :blink: much apriciated :lol:

Had a few springers rob, but the only one that was even remotely loud was a bsa meteor (very old) but had a fair few springers after that and never needed a silencer..

i would rather save of length than put a silencer on thats only going to make a slight bit of difference out at 30 yards.. just my opinion

Hi,

I have just bought the Hw 95k screw cut with silencer but in .22, This gun feels great and balanced the silencer works great also, the barrel length is just right for me personally, after plinking down the range with my lightning I am quite chuffed of the extra length as its a lot easier than the shorter lightning to cock :blink: .

The gun feels good and shoots great with a decent record trigger, I put a 3x9x 50 Map scope on it, and I am chuffed, We put it on the croni and :lol: he readings were 11.6 11.3 that will do for me ........some of the lads down the club were supprised that she was under 12. as they say that HW tend to be a little over the marker in there experiance sometimes.

I would pay the extra and get a brand new screw cut myself these Hw 95k can tend to be plyed around with which in the right hands can be good ...but in the wrong hands :blink:

Hope this helps :yp:

lol yeah, I noticed that with mine actually, when I first chronoed it with Powapels it was about 12.2ftlbs. I countered this by using heavy pellets (Logun penetrators work a treat for this) and pulled it down nicely to 11.7ftlbs consistently. They hit very hard too so its all good :lol: , just be sure to chrono yours first to be on the safe side.

-Andrew