Ferreting today. Followed from loadsa rabbits

aister

Myself and scarvister went out with his ferret today and had a slow but great day out. There is two big warrens on the land which the 40 nets we had couldn't cover. We netted as many holes as we could and I stood by with the .410. Not many rabbits bolted, if I remember right we had just 8, 3 in the nets and 5 with the shotgun.

After that I went for a quick walk while scarvister took the disco round to where we were going next. I bagged 10 rabbits on my walk. As I was walking through the long grass a rabbit bolted from my foot which I missed but killed another rabbit which I hadn't seen, just shows how many rabbit are there.

We met up again and took the ferret and the .410 but this time we didn't bother with nets just walked along and any holes we came upon we stuck the ferret down and waited. This worked well for us. After about an hour we had bumped the bag up to 32 rabbits then called it a day.

I don't have pics of all the rabbits as we didn't pick them all up, but here is a couple of photos, nice scenery.

post-29954-0-96905800-1362244180_thumb.jpg

post-29954-0-86221500-1362244234_thumb.jpg

Really enjoyable day. We will have to do it again sometime soon. I think we would do alot better with the riffles and the lamp, far too many holes to try and cover. I thought it was funny that the smaller warrens produced the most rabbits. I would like to see my old man down there with the harris hawks. cheers