flappers

johnny

I have a Shooters Discount Warehouse flapper. Don't really like it but still use it occasionally.

It doesn't impart as much movement as I would like, just a bit of up and down. Certainly doesn't give the rapid flashing of white wing bars that the speil claims :lol:

Definately not worth the money in my opinion :blink:

Q :lol:

I have a Shooters Discount Warehouse flapper. Don't really like it but still use it occasionally.

It doesn't impart as much movement as I would like, just a bit of up and down. Certainly doesn't give the rapid flashing of white wing bars that the speil claims :lol:

Definately not worth the money in my opinion  :blink:

Q :lol:

Quercus. Where did you purchase it from? Was it a gunshop or directly from us? Also when was it purchased?

The reason I ask is that we do two versions of the flapper one with a 12 volt motor and one with 6 volt motor. The 6 volt motor is the one which flaps like **** but the 12 volt one is a more steady flap and better suited to be mounted on a magnet as the flapping motion is slower and more gentle.

The gunshops didn't like the faster flapping version and all preffered the slower one so they got given the slow version exclusiveley. Perhaps you bought it at the game fair in which case you should have been asked AND shown the two speeds as they were both on display in the tent. We sold all 120 of the 6 volt versions with intermittents and 40 of the slower 12 volt vesrion by sunday morning at the CLA and were out of stock of 6 volt flappers so perhaps that may be another reason you may have a slow one. Either way you should have been asked (if you bought it direct from us) which version you wanted as there is a noticebale difference in flapping speed.

As it happens we've not had a single complaint about the flappers yet in fact if anything all we've had is praise, so you're a first. Pigeon guide Jim Albone has 6 of them, Will Garfitt has a couple I believe and, on Jim Albones reccomendation, Stuart Clarke (another pigeon guide from Essex) has just bought 6 of them so I think that speaks volumes, doesn't it?!

One guy from east anglia I spoke to yesterday has two of them and his exact words were "They seem to have as much pulling power as my mates magnet", but anyway if you didn't like the product you are should have returned it for a full refund which we would have been more than happy to do or phoned us up and spoken to us.

However, due to the fact that you feel yours flaps too slow then please send it in for a motor upgrade to the fast version I'll be more than happy to do it at no cost to you.

Will Beasley

Shootwarehouse Ltd.

Will, thank you for your reply.

The flapper was purchased from a local gun shop a couple of months ago. They said that they were having problems moving it and offered it to me at a discount as I give them a fair bit of trade, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it.

The version that I have is the twelve volt. I had no idea that there was an alternative.

As I said I do use it occasionally, mainly for rooks on a floater, for which it works fine. I did try it on a magnet but found the weight of the flapper plus pigeon to be excessive. Also fixing the battery so that the leads do not wrap themselves up was tricky to say the least.

Thank you for your kind offer of a motor upgrade. The fast version sounds like it will be just what I was looking for.

Q :beer:

• 2 weeks later...