Sell tx200m3 for single shot pcp?

Benjamin

Thinking about selling my beloved tx200 mark 3 with 3-9x40 scope to help pay for a second hand pcp and pump. Hoping to spend maybe £100-250 more on top of what I get for my tx200. Can't find good rifles with magazines in my price bracket so would probably have to get something like a logun solo or daystate huntsman mark 2. Is trading a fantastic single shot spring for single shot pcp a bit silly? Thanks for any input.

i changed from my TX to a mulitshot PCP...I do still miss the simplicity of the TX. I would not change from a TX to a single shot PCP as I dont think there are any advantages with the exception of zero recoil, but then the TX is heavy enough to have next to no recoil anyway.

If you were chaning to a multi shot for hunting (like I did) then I can see the logic, but I don't think you would gain anything other than additinal expense with a single shot PCP.

Sorry for double post, but forgot to reply about why I'm considering swapping. Really fancy something slightly lighter, easier to put a bipod or sling on, hopefully multishot or upgradable to it. I miss using a bolt action rifle, but cant be bothered with a FAC and plinking with anything more than an air rifle might scare the neighbours in london ;-). I hunt most game/vermin from time to time and also really enjoy friendly target shooting with friends at around 30yrds.

I would invest in getting your TX200 tuned myself and get a sling on it !

But if you do go PCP route my advise would be go multi-shot even if its a manual indexing system such as those you can get for AAs200 and consider how your going to charge/refill it! A pump or a cylinder. but if you get £300 for your springer and add £250 you have a £550 budget and you should get a AAS400 for that and maybe a pump but doubt a cyclinder! I would have a look whats fetching what money on the more specific air rifle forums and owners clubs! a BSA Ultra may be worth a look also a BSA Scorpian.

It would also be worth you watching the you tube videos of Si Pittaway and Davey Thomas on vermin hunters TV channel. They are getting amazing grouping and performance from there HW97`s tuned at sandwell feild sports ! !

ATB

Matt

Hmmm not a bad idea about getting the tx200 tuned. I'm a bit concerned that I wouldn't get £300 for it anyway. I spent £350 for it second hand and its condition hasn't changed apart from age and a couple of tins of pellets fired through it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I still have to admit a small amount of pitting on the barrel which has got to drive the price down. Certainly speaking to shops on the phone it sounds like they will only offer £200 give or take in order to make profit.

Still tempted by a pcp multishot. Tried a s200 and it was a little bit small for me. Very tempted by the logun or a Webley fx2000 for £395 and £350 respectively inc scopes and silencers. Just need to find a second hand decent pump.