Problem with cz safety.

kkal5000

Just brought a CZ .22lr second hand from Guntraders and had it send to my local RFD.I have to say the service was very good and I was very happy with the gun until today when when't out to try it. When the gun is loaded and the safety is on if you press the trigger it does not fire but when you pull the safety of the gun fires.(Everytime) Just wondering if anyone has had the same problem or not and is it easy to fix etc. I will contact the shop were I got the gun from but they are closed until Tuesday now so for now I wont say who they are.I don't want to give them bad name as like I said the service was very good and i hope they will sort it without any problem. The other thing buying a second hand gun were does it leave me with the shop.It was not mention to me that the safety was faulty so I guess is up to them to get it sort it.Any advice very much appreciated.

The gun shop will more than likely offer you their own 3 months warranty most do so all should be sorted for you.

I would not worry as their reputation is at stake here for not checking it properly before selling it in the shop and they will probably bend over backwards to resolve it for u. Mistakes happen you know.

Man that could have had horrible consequences :o !!!!

I had a new Greener GP years ago with a similar problem. As I pushed the safety on it fired, could have blown my foot off. Luckily as I was only 10 yrs and the gun was so long, the only way I could carry it was at an angle well away from me.

Its a reminder about safety catches to us all. They aren't to be trusted under any circumstances , they only lock the trigger, not the hammers!!! Maybe they should be renamed, " lulled into a false sense of security button" !!!

Edited by turbo33