Prices

Hi folks.

I'm about to order a few day olds and eggs (mallard and black neck pheasants) for our little shoot. Just wondered what prices everyone else has been quoted so far this year for these and other birds? I don't know if it depends on your area in the country? I also don't want to be ripped off although I'm fairly confident in knowing what is reasonable.

Has anyone had any bad experiences with black necks on their shoot? I chose these due to the mixture of being able to hold them and being average flyers. Even though we have good habitat, feed, vermin control and relatively low number of birds released we seem to get a some wandering.

Thanks

Henry

My guy only sells poults as far as I am aware, pm me if you want his details, he is Northants/Warks border.

We shoot a glaciated valley, flush them off the top of the hills, stand the guns down the hills. On a normal day we get a few 50 yards up, they are memorable to kill. On a windy day then they can be out of shot.

We have one drive which is perfectly flat, 1 acre game plot the gun line side of a six foot high hedge, birds came through at head height mostly. Moved the plot to the other side of the hedge. Birds stand on their tales to climb the hedge and just keep climbing, gun line is about 80 yards back, most are 30/35 yards, some a bit taller especially when windy.

A