the new nite eye 500

theosmith

id buy this over ns200 on price for sure :good:

took 2 bunnies at a ranged 120yards but you can clearly see to 150yard bunnies but 200yard on bunny eyeshine but in my opinon unshootable

as to fox didnt see one but from what i was seeing in terms of reflectors id say 200yard for would be possible but again further out id say unshootable altho reconition of eyes and movement youd probably identify them but unless its clear pic and you know your ground for certain then u could push

i shall be taking mine on the 243 for fox soon so will get pics etc

I would check out a page on face Book called Lamping Foxes.

there are several members on here that are on there and there are many that have this bit of kit,

great reviews and some great pictures too.

I for one will be getting this set up over the Ns200 any day and the cost saving is unreal.

the only bad side is that it does not come in a plastic hard case, but for £15.00 you could buy one.

the cost is around £375.00 for Night eye.

cost for NS200 £548.00.

that's a big ****** difference. And no I don't work for Night eye.

http://www.night-eye500.co.uk/html/about_us.html

lee

paul, yes was going to mount the nm800 as now got a weaver on top of each scope so can attachemnt lamp on for lamping ......look on my pic on top of scope at front but i can roate these and might solve my problem of reflection on the cf mod too :good:

i have written a small review finding on bbs i will copy and paste it onto here but for the money id highly recomend buying one for value of it

these are my opions please bare in mind this is with a bushnell legend ultra hd.....other scope may have other results
shootable rabbit range 150yards
rabbit eye shine only not seeing whole body a tad over 200yard

shootable fox 200yards
fox eye shine id probably give it 300yards

the unit suffered on higher mags and anything over 10 at longer distances just went very dark and grainy but lower mags very clear bright image

the ir was very very good sub 150yards in term of bright picture and seeing everything but further out olny good for eyeshine not something i would comfortably rely upon shooting. the unit would defintely have a massive improvent for long distances if it had a zoom function on the ir but i could easily mount my nm800 if i wanted for further spotting.
one great thing about the ir is the power adjusment is not done via a clicky thing like the nitesite so wouldnt spook bunnies

mounting system works but i feel it could be improved but this would change the unit price so would be less affordable perhaps. any slight bash would move the screen and i was constantly re-aligning it

build quality, this unit seems so much better than the older version i saw ie less blobs of glue but still you can see its not something manufactured like the nitesite.

in the terms of its price and functionality id buy this unit again over the nite site allday long.

i have proably missed bits off so just ask any questions
and like i said this is my opion and my findings on a bushnell legend, other scope may have better or worse results i cant say at this point but i also had brief test on bushnell elitte and saw very similar results i shall also try it on my mtc viper 10x44 when i get chance and let people know what i found

Is this unit better distance wise than your (now sold i beleive) pulsar n750 .

but we all know its a different beast as in you look through not look upon

also did you consider a sniper-cam hd from nite-hunter site where you

push onto your day scope

i have looked at these and looked at clips people had posted on youtube

so trying to compare ns200 / nite eye 500 / snipercam hd as to which one

to splash the cash on for my .22lr and leave my pulsar for fox on my hmr

and if some people are reading this post my feo did sanction .17 hmr

for fox

paul