Two eyes open with open sights

Afastr

Just wondering how everyone else shoots, whenever I shoot my rifle scoped I keep both eyes open and this seems to be when I shoot most consistently.

However with my pistol I struggle to shoot with both eyes open, I get a double image of my sights and aiming becomes a nightmare.

point your finger at summat keeping both eyes open. then close your left eye and your finger will still be on whatever you're pointing at (assuming you're right eye dominant) then close your right eye and your finger will be off the target. whether you shoot with both eyes open or not, you'll still get the same picture, its just whatever is comfortable/best for you. (if that makes any sense) :lol:

both eyes open because your looking at the target..your 'gauze' should still be on the target when you put the sights to it so to speek.

close an eye you took your mind off the target momentairily... then re arranged then aimed up whilste looking some where else by now..ish.(looses the 'flow, especialy in am armed forces situasion, those moment's of seconds mean you receive lead first..).

for the pistol if its in the center (both hands forward) then its too far away for your eyetype, if your shooting to a side then i suspect the eye dominance issue..or your long/short sighted and it aint happening at all with two open lol.

Edited by stoogey