Kettering

simon.w

After more than 20 years I re-discovered my old BSA Meteor .22 at my parents house where it has been gathering dust. I picked it up and memories came flooding back. I would now like to find somewhere to shoot the thing properly and safely, get my eye back in and maybe try something a bit more modern as i can feel I am getting hooked once again. I do not think anything too formal would be my scene, and i would like to go back into the field and try my luck with pigeons etc. once again if good enough but til then somewhere to go and practice would be good. Can anybody recommend somewhere not too far away?

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Simon

As an aside I also possess a shotgun certificate and own a couple of guns which i rarely shoot, does anybody know of a friendly not too formal clay pigeon ground where i can go and shoot a few clays. As a rule i prefer sporting type layouts

hi simon i am down the a14 at thrapston. We should meet up and go for a round at haddon it is just off the a605 at peterborough before the roundabout to join the a1. iIaint had chance to go for while and would be a good excuse for me and my mate to go he is new to shooting with the shotgun and like me needs the practice :good::)

forgot to say simon you should try risely they have great facilities and are a friendly bunch

Hi Simon,

I used to live just south of Kettering and did all my clay shooting at Sporting Targets at Riseley, just off the A6 south of Rushden. Great facilities, very friendly people, there's always someone willing to shoot round

with you if you go on your own.

I was there on Tuesday checking out the high, high, high towers!

Thank you very much for the replies, you have been most helpful. Big thanks to mag-man and monkey offering to join me. I must say that being a very new member how friendly this place is.

Since putting up my original post I have had a bit of news (not bad) but it does look as if my weekends are going to be filled up between now and the new year so i will have to take a rain check on the offers.

I have often wondered about the ground at Haddon as i drive past it twice a day on the way to and from work.

If you dont mind going a bit further, Sporting Targets at Riseley have an air rifle range. Its just the other side of Rushden, off the A6 going towards Bedford, about 20 miles for you I should think.

All the best

ZB

And now I read upwards and see that Browning has beaten me to it! Doh!

I second what he has said about Sporting Targets. I'd be up for a meet there sometime too (though not in the next week as I'm away)

ZB

There's a little club down Mkt Harborough on the old airfield, been there couple of times with my dad, but normally go Kibworth. (Zapp still up for going one day, just been busy, mainly working!)

Oo yeah used my airgun down Kibworth too, they've got a range with variety of knockdowns.