Got the old dog!!

tonker

At last !!! One of my new permissions is a free range chicken unit (meals to go as it seems). Anyway this farmer has had trouble with this fox for ages. Apparently coming any time of day picking up a meal and running off with it, lots of different people have tried to get it but with no luck.

His son asked me to have a go, so I couldn't turn him down now could I. First time out I went down while hens were still out, laid up behind some bales, good vantage point, head down and watched ,and watched and........ youv'e been there I expect, zilch, no sign at all.

Second time down I saw it, it saw me, I didn't see it again. Change of plan needed.

Third time down I was lamping picked up some eyes out about 600yds out, started calling. red filter on clearly been lamped before. He worked his way around 4 different fields but wouldn't come in,failed again.

Last night I drove the Disco to the electric fence got the triple out on the pod on the bonnet, had a quick flick around with the filter and there were his eyes in the field about 150 out, he clocked the lamp and legged it. I thought sod it gone again. It took him an hour to come back. By then I had clipped the tracer to the top of the scope, With the lamp down as low as it could go to get eyeshine (I knew he wouldn't lamp in) I struck lucky he was where I saw him last! He had no intention to come nearer, he ran sideways 100 yds and flashed a look same again and flashed another. I then realised he was following a gripe which ran out to a hedge 150 yds to my right. He clearly knew I was there and wasn't hanging around. I changed my position slighty and hoped. Sure enough, he followed the gripe to hedge, and thats where he took his last look back, His last look anywhere. The a-tec did it's job and nothing in the buildings were spooked.

The farmer was pleased, so was his son, and I was ecstatic that I got him. Others had tried but I was lucky, right place right time. On to the next one!!!

I hope so smokinggun. I'm out and about as much as possible now I've got the bug again, and I'm regaining all the grounds that didn't shoot, or lost during the time on the darkside when my mojo left me after I went through that hay barn roof!!