Daystate MK3 Sudden power drop

dcliff

Just wondering if MK3 owners have experienced a sudden drop in power for no apparent reason?

I hope there's been some malfunction in the trigger unit, and that a factory reset might fix it (I've just done this and will test this evening)

The gun is shooting 13.5 ftlb on the nose, consistently shot after shot (should be 19ftlb). That's why I think it might be a malfunction, rather than a valve failure.

It might be worth mentioning that the gun has been back to Daystate for a full service a battery replacement about 2 years ago.

sounds a bit strange but it could be a number of things,would be an idea to give it back to daystate or ring them and ask,they will certainly help you no end, but personally think it a bit strange to be the valve but I might be wrong, would defo give daystate a ring

Contacting Daystate always good advice but just some thoughts in the meantime though as you have had the gun a while I imagine you have tried them all!

Battery - unlikely as you say the power is constant, however always worth a check, is it charged, is it holding it's charge, does it show any sign of having deteriorated ie swollen cell(s) or leaking cell(s)

Power setting - Have you inadvertently reset the power settings? As you will know the power settings can be varied - I'm blowed if I can remember the sequence off hand but its in the manual that you can probably still get from Daystate site should you not remember either! The fact it is a constant power makes this a possible.

Probe "O" ring - (pellet pusher!) These occasionally fail which allows air to escape backwards. Easily visually checked and also by feeling for a back draught when trigger pulled.

That's all I can think of that is DIY though others may be along with other thoughts. It would be nice if it was something simple like any of the above!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Daystate say it could be a valve failure - a £30 fix.

Battery is fine, it's topped up regularly. Holding air pressure just fine too. Factory re-set did nothing either.

I'll pack up and send back to the factory as soon as I can get my act together and get it posted!