Finding Pigeon/Crow Shooting

Cookie

Having just been let down by my shooting buddy at short notice again, I realise I need to put the effort into finding land to shoot over in my name (normally I blag off his contacts and abuse his gear!!).

working long hours in a different area, makes this tricky.

Does anyone have any tips to how best find land to shoot over - especially at short notice?

Or is anyone looking for someone to share a hide this weekend (grin)

Put petrol in yer car head off into the countryside and look for areas where pigeons would likely be,old stubble fields or other arable crops are farms to target,then get out of you car at the farm and ask the guy to shoot,simple !

You have been freeloading long enough off your friend so I am sure that it wont be hard to ask a total stranger for summit for nothing.You will then need to buy your own gear as no one really likes lending out their stuff to get abused by others as it is quite expensive to get properly set up.

Cookie quote :::::::::::

"Having just been let down by my shooting buddy at short notice again, I realise I need to put the effort into finding land to shoot over in my name (normally I blag off his contacts and abuse his gear!!)."

I wonder why ? not

Sorry to sound so harsh but thats the way the cookie crumbles ho ho ho ! We all have to do it and even pay the farmer aswell oh and a bottle of Malt goes down well with farmers at this time of year.

clanchief

No problem Y P,ta for that. he he. I have a bottle of Laphroaig just sittin there to give one of my farmers next week,Its just askin to get sparked open tonight once the wine is finished.

I blame my tee total dad for retiring from a Distillary and gettin me cheap booze from the shop it has for me having a small drink problem,

clanchief :lol: