Effective range of a 9mm "garden gun"

Soulboy

Hello - Wonder if anyone out there knows what the effective range of one of these is,its a 3 shot semi auto that fires the little Fiochhi 9mm shotshells.

Having had good results on the rats with the S200 in .22 in the grain stores,i'd like to have a pop at some the ones that won't stay still!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hello - Wonder if anyone out there knows what the effective range of one of these is,its a 3 shot semi auto that fires the little Fiochhi 9mm shotshells.

Having had good results on the rats with the S200 in .22 in the grain stores,i'd like to have a pop at some the ones that won't stay still!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

'Bout 15 yds. They are really next to useless. :oops:

G.M.

They are a gun for close shooting,I use mine out to about 10 Meters,and it KILLS clean ,no kicking or break dancing,THEY JUST STOP !

The Best thing to do is pattern yours ,and see how it go's ,every gun is different.

They are a gun with a very limeted use ,but no other gun can do the job they do , so effectivley,

They are a brilliant tool !!! and i can't understand why they are so rare,

All the best Mick.

Now 5/8 oz loads in a 12 bore - that makes me smile,well the 9mm is a lot quieter.

Today i was at the farm (dairy mainly)in one of the barns with the 9mm talking to the farmer who mentioned that a lot of foxes hang around during calving,ten minutes later having popped a couple of rats,guess who trots round the door - Mr fox. Always happens when you've got the wrong gun in your hands.

Same story - go out with FAC superten for bunnies - see fox - take rimfire or 12 bore - no fox!

Thanks for your wisdom and the 9mm does everthing i want it to at 10 yards.