Pheasant food

I have a small local brewery just setting up very close to my place. I am going to try some of their ales next Tuesday with a view of putting them in our little shop for sale.

I have been offered all the used hops, barley and oats after the brews are made, some i will feed my pigs, goats and chickens the rest i thought i might use to hand broadcast around our feed rides to give the birds some more interest, i am hoping it will cut down on the wheat we have to buy and give them i few different things to have a go at.

Has anyone here done this?

Does anyone know of a reason i should not do it?

the only thing i can think of is as long as the birds are old enough to deal with a slightly different flora of bacteria then yes no problem

pigs will do well on it :yes:

Sorry i should make myself clearer. I will stock pile the feed until the birds are at an age to deal with it. I might introduce a small amount in the pens for them to have a go at and get used too.

I am sure my pigs will love it, with this and the old fruit and veg i get from a local greengrocer it should give some great pork. I quite often have to trim our herb gardens we have here and with the odd garlic bulb thats gone over all fed to the pigs its seasoning from the inside.

Edited by rimfire4969