Unlocking a Nokia 6680 mobile phone

claybreaker88

My answer was a bit flippant, you can unlock any phone, I don't know of anyone but dealers and nokia who can do this or any of the BB5 coded phones (6630/6680).

You might well find lots of places who claim they can, for varying money, to the best of my knowledge it can't safely be done at the moment. Some people are reporting 60% success rates with some tools, but you only have a few tries then it locks and you need the service cable to undo that (read back to a nokia service centre).

I've a Nokia 6680, & up till now I don't think any have being unlocked, must be one of the only one's that cannot at the moment.

All the software I've downloaded for phones, not one has the Nokia 6680 among them, up till now............!

BJ.

Found this running around my haunts;;;;;;

PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS NO WAY TO UNLOCK THE NOKIA (see possible solution below for the UK) Nokia 3250,Nokia 6125,Nokia 6131,Nokia 6270, Nokia 6280,Nokia 6630,Nokia 6680,Nokia 6681,Nokia 6682,Nokia 7370, Nokia E60,Nokia N70,Nokia N71,Nokia N80,Nokia N90,Nokia N91, Nokia 3250,Nokia 6125,Nokia 6131,Nokia 6270,Nokia E50,Nokia E61,Nokia E62 ,Nokia N72,Nokia N73,Nokia N92,Nokia N93,Nokia 6126,Nokia 6136, Nokia 6233,Nokia 6234,Nokia 5500 ,the only way to get it unlocked is to pay the Network ! . Any site that claims to unlock these is lying !! . The only equipment available at this time repairs the software on the phone, it cannot unlock it ( info still correct 23/11/06 ). 3 will now unlock your phone for £15 if you are in the LAST month of your contract with them.Other Networks will now unlock the above on their Network for about £20-.30

BJ.

The only software I know of which will do this is a nokia internal engineering tool called "Tesla". Some "sitez" will list this software for download, don't waste your time it is a hardware and software solution and you need the latest version to do this. The versions you see out there are extremely old and are of no use.

Even if you did have the tool, from what I understand, you'd need the months of training to be able to make it do anything useful, by that I mean anything apart from destroy your phone

Approved Nokia service centres with approved nokia repair centre trained personnel will have access to this, it isn't about to become available on the open market.

Any service provider should be able to unlock these devices, but there are agreements which form big clauses in incredibly complex contracts (with big penalty clauses) which mean most won't unlock another providers phone inside the first year of contract.

Outside of this year your own provider will unlock for about 20-30 quid, some charge more.