urinating in sleep

Hi guys!

Really worried about my spayed 5 year old ESS birch.

Saturday we noticed one of our ESS had done a wee on our kitchen floor( we have 2). No problem I thought, they never do this usually but hey accidents happen.

This morning I woke to find my eldest 5 yr old all wet as if she has wet her self in her sleep on her bed.

All day she has been absolutely fine/normal.

Took her to the vet this evening to have her checked out & the vet said she's healthy & feels and seems fine and just wants a urine sample. I really don't feel to resured by the vet.

Any One else had any simular experiences?????

Come across this many years ago it lasted for a couple of weeks every couple of days I'm not one to fly to the vets if the dogs vitals are well I put it down to cold in the end.. I no it's red hot now but the dog still might have a cold..also the vet will probably look at a water infection...

Edited by delburt0

Older sprayed dogs can have this problem, although 5 years old does sound a bit young. my brothers jack Russell done it for about 4 years before she deid aged 17 many and my 10 year d boarder collie seems to have started recently. Take her to the vets normally they give them propolean (spelling) this stops it in its tracks at least it has with my brothers.