357 lever action

Well done on getting the slot, I own and am very happy with a Marlin 1894c in your chosen calibre. I love it and the only problem I had was a feed issue (using the shorter .38sp cases.)

I now only use .357 cases which it cycles reliably every round. Its a lovely little rifle, very versatile (load it down/up depending on its role),

You can fit a scope (as its a side ejecter unlike other makes) or open sights, there are aftermarket bits and bobs available such as aperture sights, fibre optic sights, the skies the limit really but the whole point of these rifles is they are fun to shoot.

post-17066-0-70058100-1375137418_thumb.jpg

with a bit of effort you can get a homeload to shoot well out to 100m or more as some do with success, I have developed a load to shoot sub 2" at 100yrds which im very pleased with. I shot my first rabbit with it last week and it really put a smile on my face....and Ive shot hundreds with .22 and 12g. Once a fortnight it changes to a target/plinking gun for 25m range work.

Good secondhand is the only way to go, post some pics when you decide :good:

Well done on getting the slot, I own and am very happy with a Marlin 1894c in your chosen calibre. I love it and the only problem I had was a feed issue (using the shorter .38sp cases.)

I now only use .357 cases which it cycles reliably every round. Its a lovely little rifle, very versatile (load it down/up depending on its role),

You can fit a scope (as its a side ejecter unlike other makes) or open sights, there are aftermarket bits and bobs available such as aperture sights, fibre optic sights, the skies the limit really but the whole point of these rifles is they are fun to shoot.

attachicon.gifshooting713 013.jpg

with a bit of effort you can get a homeload to shoot well out to 100m or more as some do with success, I have developed a load to shoot sub 2" at 100yrds which im very pleased with. I shot my first rabbit with it last week and it really put a smile on my face....and Ive shot hundreds with .22 and 12g. Once a fortnight it changes to a target/plinking gun for 25m range work.

Nice Marlin - I had a SYSS tricked and slicked one in .38 / .357 which I sold recently to my local rifle club.

I have a Winchester in the same calibre and love shooting it - as others have said the action is a bit 'agricultural' compared to the Marlin, but it was a friends who passed away.

It's an AE Legacy so it will take a scope, but for the true cowboy there's nothing like open sights !

Winchester3.jpg

shooting713 013.jpg

That's a cracking looking rifle...that's what I'm after!!!!