lock smith

northeastshooter

not a good start to the night just went to take my guns out to clean and snapped the key in the lock. it was the right key just felt like it was caught on something internally. has anyone have any ideas on how to get in with out a lock smith and cutting the safe? if not anyone know how much a lock smith will be ?? :sad1:

I had one out to my house and he charged £60 to drill out and replace a door lock. Not sure if it would be more or less for a gun cabinet ?

Have you tried sticking a flat bladed screwdriver in there to see if you can turn the remians of the key ? If you can get it open then the locks usually just unbolt.

If all else fails attack it with a crow bar.

Good luck

can you turn the flat part with needle nose pliers, this happened to me was able to turn then take lock off and get key cut from the flat part left over

most locksmiths will try this first and charge you about £60-£80, if not its a drill job

Well - wife told me her niece went out on p*** sat night and got ratted - staggered home and found she had lost her key -- staggered back to town to some guy and they got locksmith out - he took one look at door (new and high security lock been burgled) and said 500 quid - this was 5.00 on Sunday morning - PO she said so he tried back door - got in and said £390 please - so off to cash machine they went - Laughed my sock's off - she is bitch and a social worker so she can afford it.

Dave