Better day.

nagantino

I posted last week about setting up over a potato field with zero results. Today I set up over a field of stubble barley with better fun. I set up at 10 am. I used full body pigeon and flock shell with 2 or 3 full body crows. I walked back into the hide to see a buzzard and a crow had already settled into the pattern. I hit the crow when it flew off, but the buzzard was tossing over a shell decoy! Off it flew silent and majestic. The bag was 19 crows and 25 woodies. I used 99 cartridges for 44 birds which doesn't seem bad but it felt like I was missing all day, especially woodies. A new Mossberg 26 inch, cylinder choke might not have helped. Anyway, my best day in ages.

I would say that that was a good result.

As others have said to your previous post it is pointless setting up in a potato field at this time of year. You may get some shooting after the potatoes have been lifted though.

When you said that........'the buzzard was tossing over a shell decoy....' what did you mean exactly?